Monday 25 June 2012

More of my Work

Just to complete the background to this blog, so we can begin to move forward, I'm just going to show you a few more pieces, some using different techniques and materials, some more familiar with those I've shown you so far. I'm learning all the time, and there's lots more to learn yet, but I'm loving my bead embroidery, it not only gives me freedom of creativity, as many of them are pretty much freeform, but it keeps me sane. I realise that I'm fortunate in one way to be able to spend as much time as I do working on these, simply because I'm not working at the moment, but being full time carer to Chris, my partner, who had a leg amputated six months ago due to diabetes.

So first of all, a few more cuffs...




Then I began with the necklaces. First these pendant necklaces, with beaded lace around the central cabochons..


Then, with one of the Picasso Jasper Cabochons I purchased from Singapore (postal, I hadn't been there sadly), Bronzed Earth was born.


Finally, I decided to make some earrings too. The blue ones went well, but when I tried to make a pair with some purple rivolis, they turned out far bigger than expected, so I made them into a necklace instead. What a happy accident!




No comments:

Post a Comment