Sunday 3 March 2013

Reflections, Spring and New Things.


That was quick! February I mean. Where did it go? I’m hardly out of January-mode yet. Mind you the weather hasn’t helped, it’s been so grey and drab most of the month, and doesn’t it make you feel grey and drab too?

Now we’re in March, soon to be Mother’s Day, St Patrick’s Day, we’ve already had St David’s day, and of course, the first day of British Summertime, and the clocks go forward at the end of the month. By then we should be seeing more warmer weather, migrant birds should start to appear, the daffodils should almost be finished and seeds planted ready for the garden. The leaf buds on the trees should be swelling nicely ready to burst open in April.





Last week I told you I made lots of beads and just needed to make them into jewellery. Well here they are…and they will be listed through the week.




I have also been busy with a new range of compact mirrors and pill boxes. These were a bit different as I had to make the ‘tile’ first, cure it, then fix it to the top with superglue. It wasn’t possible to bake the in situ, as there are plastic components in the pill boxes and I’m not sure if the mirrors are glass or plastic, so it was to risky.  This meant a lot of careful handling when fitting the raw tile to the mirror or pill box, then moving it to a ceramic tile to bake flat, so as not to stretch it, but we got there. So far I’ve done some mokume gane patterns, a millefiori and a leopard print. I have more millefiori coming up, but have only made the canes so far.
 

 
 

I’ve also been busy in the evenings with my zendoodling, zentangling whatever you like to call it. While my other half has bought some blank wooden trinket boxes and a wood burning tool, and he wants to use my doodles for the top. Believe it or not, it’s actually hard to do a simple, less detailed doodle that he can burn into the wood, but I have come up with a couple for him, so I wait in anticipation the results of that. I hope the weather warms up enough for him to be able to do this at least in the doorway and not set off the smoke alarms. EEK!!!

We're a bit picture-heavy this week so I'll only show one doodle. That's all for now..


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful new pieces - a lovely start to Spring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. It's really spring-like out there this morning, and it puts you in a mood to make more 'springy' things :)

    ReplyDelete