Tuesday 11 February 2014

Shop of the Week No. 17, HanoverMerryMakers

This week’s Shop of the Week was chosen by Elizabeth from FairyFlowerDesigns who was shop of the week for the second time last week. (Apologies for not writing a second post fo you Elizabeth.) Here is the winning treasury.



I love to browse through Denise’s shop. Her jewellery is very different to mine so we are in no way in competition with one another. It’s just as well as she lives in the same city as me. I love the way Denise uses gems, her style, the colours, and the beautiful photography in her shop. It’s just nice to step away and browse in her shop, and there is always something new to see.

So let’s find out a little more about HanoverMerryMakers.



Tell us a little about yourself and your work.

I have crafted all my life starting at school. I’m a pensioner as of last week. I began making jewellery a couple of years ago and was teaching and sharing with a group of ladies in the area. It’s the same answer as a lot of people, you have to have an outlet for all this jewellery.
I started with beautiful glass beads, but then discovered semi-precious gems and it was love at first sight. I start with the gems I have chosen and play with them on my bead board until I’m happy with the design.






What are your favourite colours?
I adore teal, followed hot on it’s heels by purple.



What is your favourite medium/material?
I’m a silver gal, and love creating with silver.




What is your favourite holiday destination?
Being a Yorkshire girl I love going back to Yorkshre. I love North Wales and the mountains. I mustn’t forget Scotland’s highlands too.



What other artists work do you admire and aspire to?
I don’t have any one jewellery maker I admire, I admire lots of them and just enjoy looking at their work. I must say those that make beautiful beadwork cuffs are a favourite, I just wouldn’t have the patience to bead like that.



What are you most proud of?
My family and being so close to my grandsons.





Thank you Denise for taking part. If you would like to see more of Denise’s beautiful jewellery, just click here.







               



No comments:

Post a Comment